HOW TO GO TO SIARGAO – Traveller’s guide
Siargao is sort of synonymous to browsing, however extra than its waves, other sights dot the island. Dip in the natural infinity swimming pools and seaside of Magpupungko within the city of Pilar; hop and laze underneath the solar within the sand bar and excellent white sand islands off General Luna; dive underwater caves and unspoiled web sites across the island; paddleboard in Sugba Lagoon; go fowl looking or recreation fishing; ceremonial dinner with clean seafoods and other neighborhood delicacies; or explore different beaches, waterfalls, and herbal points of interest of the region.
Siargao isn’t always the handiest all about surfing, it has evolved into an all-round adventure and ecotourism destination. Come and discover its manifold of providing and be surprised by the tropical paradise this is Siargao!
Getting to Siargao;
Manila to Siargao
Siargao Island has an airport (Sayak Airport) that serves commercial however currently, only Skyjet and Cebu Pacific fly there direct from Manila. Check out their internet site for the trendy flight time table and fare.
Sayak Airport is positioned in Barangay Del Carmen, about forty-five mins from General Luna, in which maximum traveler facilities and points of interest are placed. There are vehicles parked outside the terminal to move passengers going to General Luna. The cutting-edge prevailing fee is P150 in keeping with person, you may exercise session your attraction and bargaining talent to decrease it down. Alternatively, you can additionally take a tricycle (as low as P500 in step with tricycle top for 4) or habal-habal (as little as P400 consistent with motorcycle accurate for 2).
People also ask;
Are Siargao and Surigao are same?
Siargao is a tear-drop fashioned island in the Philippine Sea located 800 kilometers southeast of Manila in the province of Surigao del Norte. It has a land location of approximately 437 square kilometers (169 sq.Mi).
Does Siargao have an airport?
Siargao Island Airport Information. Sayak Airport, also known as Siargao Airport, is a small domestic airport placed on Siargao Islands inside the Philippines. … The Philippine Airlines flights to and from Cebu will only be operational from December 2017 onwards. Flights will typically take about 45 mins.
What do airlines fly to Siargao?
Airlines that fly to Siargao Island. Skyscanner permits you to discover the cheapest flights to Siargao Island (from hundreds of airlines consisting of Philippine Airlines, Emirates, Cebu Pacific) without having to enter particular dates or maybe destinations, making it a nice area to discover reasonably-priced flights for your ride.
Getting Around and Away
Habal-habal and tricycles are not unusual way of transport around the island. The neighborhood authorities have general costs for them (Contact the Tourist Assistance Center for more statistics at +639285970090 or email them at surigaodelnortetourism@yahoo.Com). The minimum fare for a brief distance journey is P10/person.
If you’re planning to visit Soccoro/Bucas Grande, there are agenda departures from Dapa each day – 7 AM and 2 PM. Travel time is approximately (1) hour and boat fare are P100/man or woman.
When you arrive from overseas in the Philippines, there are principal entry ports particularly MANILA and CEBU. From each port are tremendous connections to tour to Siargao.
Travel Tip! SURIGAO and SIARGAO are very distinctive places. Surigao is a city on the mainland, and Siargao is a beautiful, tropical island (approximately a 2-three hour ferry journey far from Surigao).
Below are some of the maximum common and easiest ways to get here:
FLY DIRECT to Siargao (Note: currently all direct flights are through Cebu)
FLY to Surigao City then take a FERRY to Siargao
FERRY from Surigao City to Siargao Island
FLY to Butuan then BUS to Surigao City then FERRY to Siargao
FERRY from Cebu or Manila to Siargao Island (through Surigao City)
BY LAND from Davao & Cagayan de Oro through Butuan and Surigao City
For a listing of Hotels Patrick’s recommends in Manila, Cebu & Surigao City,
They are satisfied to help you along with your travel plans along with shopping for your tickets. To satisfactory assist you selecting the fastest and least highly-priced connection please let us know the City, Date and Time of your arrival.
If you cannot acquire a price ticket and/or reservation, they are glad to help you and purchase the price tag(s) for you. In many instances,they can get promo airline tickets which are a decrease in price than the normal tickets. In that case, we want ‘name’ and ‘date of delivery’ of everybody journeying.
Tips For the Poor Traveller
- Leave no hint. Don’t depart trash at the seaside. Whatever you bring to the location, take them with you while you go away. Leave nothing however footprints!
- Use coral-friendly sunscreen. Surfing is all a laugh and games till you get home and also you see how burnt you are. Wearing sunscreen is not only for cosmetic functions, too. UV rays are harmful to 1’s pores and skin and are regarded to reason skin deformities. But pick out sunscreen that doesn’t incorporate chemicals like oxybenzone, benzophenone, and parabens, which can be harmful to a marine existence.
- Befriend your habal-habal driver. Siargao locals are friendly and beneficial to travelers. The most informative individual you’ll meet in Siargao is your habal-habal driving force. Befriend him and you may get privy to plenty of terrific discoveries inside the island, or even a few discounts!
- Practice sustainability. Siargao is domestic to colorful mangroves and a diverse marine surroundings. Let’s do our small component and ensure the island remains pristine by using training sustainable journey hacks, like bringing our water and cleaning soap bottles.
- At midnight, look up! It wouldn’t harm to remind ourselves of the less difficult things. The skies are darker here due to the shortage of robust nightlights. Being a metropolis man, it’s the first time I noticed the Milky Way again in a long time.
- There are ATMs in Dapa but most of the time they do not work with foreign ATM cards and credit cards.
- Some lodges accept main credit playing cards with an extra rate of as a minimum 6%
- Travellers’ cheques aren’t prevalent
- Globe and Smart have a cellular signal
- Best time to go online in Siargao is from July to November